You Should Never, Ever Leave Your Contacts In Too Long — Just Ask This Woman

Our lives just seem to get busier all the time, which can make it hard to remember the simple things we need to do to care for ourselves.

After hearing Meabh McHugh-Hill’s story, however, you’ll definitely remember to look after your contact lenses. The 23-year-old woman left her contacts in for 10 hours, just two hours more than the recommended maximum, but the results were nightmarish.

Like most 20-somethings, McHugh-Hill leads a high-energy life.

Read More: She Cut Open A Fig To Reveal This Horrible Fact About Nature…NOPE

And one simple oversight led to something hellish. When McHugh-Hill tried to remove her left contact lens one night, she found it was stuck to her eyeball. While removing it, she tore her cornea.

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.defineSlot(‘/37886402/VN_PG_DCI1_BTF’, [300, 250], ‘VN_PG_DCI1_BTF_581ff76975446’).addService(googletag.pubads()) googletag.pubads().setTargeting(“NOVA_MB”, “VN_”); googletag.pubads().setTargeting(“NOVA_SC”, “VN_ORGN”); googletag.pubads().setTargeting(“NOVA_TS”, “TS_D”); googletag.pubads().setTargeting(“NOVA_AT”, “VN_ORGN_PG_D_REV_2.0_ASYNC_DEFAULT”); googletag.pubads().setTargeting(“NOVA_CC”, “VN_ORGN_D_UNK_118384_A”); googletag.pubads().setTargeting(“NOVA_PG”, “1”); googletag.enableServices(); googletag.display(‘VN_PG_DCI1_BTF_581ff76975446’); });

Read more:

Leave a Reply