1. That time fitspo made you think that you only had two choices.
2. That time fitspo made you think that the only legit or meaningful workouts take an HOUR of your time.
You don’t need to spend an hour working out to see health benefits from fitness! Check out these nine quick total-body workouts for some examples of how to fit workouts into a busy schedule. High-intensity circuit training, people! It’s a thing!
3. That time fitspo said that you can turn into someone else entirely.
People are all different, bodies are all different!
4. That time fitspo told you not to listen to your body.
Eat when you’re hungry.
5. That time fitspo suggested that cellulite is something you can just get rid of with some leg exercises.
PSA: Skinny people get cellulite too.
6. That time fitspo told you to compare yourself to someone else.
Fitspo doesn’t know your life!
7. That time fitspo made you think that “rules” are anything more than just suggestions.
8. That time fitspo implied that you will transform into a nearly naked chick in one year’s time.
Lingerie not included!
9. That time fitspo made you feel bad about your food choices.
Eat that cupcake if you fucking want to, girl.
10. That time fitspo suggested that you need to physically burn off every single calorie you consume.
Healthy eating isn’t just about counting calories.
(Side note: What kind of monster only eats one Oreo?)
11. That time fitspo made you think that fitness is about accomplishing a specific goal at the expense of everything else.
Fitness has different meanings for different people. Living a fitter, healthier lifestyle and occasionally skipping workouts are not mutually exclusive! Do what you need to do.
12. That time fitspo forgot about torn ligaments, pulled muscles, broken bones…and rest days.
Also worth noting here that rest days are an important part of the process, and you really should not work out every single day. Your body sometimes needs time to heal.
13. That time fitspo suggested that one body type is more attractive than another.
14. That time fitspo was like, hey, here’s something we made up for you to hate about yourself!
Also, FYI: Spot-targeted weight loss is not a thing. So you can’t tone your “saddlebags” away, whether you take offense to the term “saddlebags” or not.
15. That time fitspo made you think that a juice cleanse was a great way to lose weight.
For the truth, read Here Is What A Juice Cleanse Does To Your Body. (Hint: Not long-lasting weight loss, that’s for damn sure.)
16. That time fitspo made you think that losing X amount of weight in Y amount of time was a) realistic, and b) a goal worth fighting for.
For more about this, see 9 Ways To Lose 10 Pounds In Less Than A Week — Or Faster!