Sometimes, you just end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe that means getting caught in a massive traffic jam, barely missing the last running train, or (if you’re like these people) being very unexpectedly caught on a live television broadcast.
1. “If I freeze, it’ll be like this never happened.”
2. She was just ducking…right?
3. Smooth, except not even kind of.
4. “Thanks for bringing me my phone. Also, you’re grounded.”
5. That awkward moment when you’re somehow oblivious to the fact that you’re in the same room as President Obama and you totally blow it.
6. When in doubt, work it out, honey.
7. And here we have the real MVP.
8. Things get weird when you accidentally photobomb surfers and you’re also a seal.
9. If you’ve ever been scared into complete paralysis, you know what’s happening here.
10. The classic “I’m definitely not famous enough to be in this shot, so let me just hop out” photobomb.
11. “What was that? I couldn’t hear you over the sound of me ruining my whole career.”
And there you have it, folks. One man’s painful awkwardness is another man’s Internet treasure. That’s how it goes, right?
In any case, these accidental photobombs reveal one universal truth. If you’re ever the culprit in one of these situations, you just need to own it.